LinkedIn Learning November 8, 2022
The North Liberty Library now offers LinkedIn Learning (formerly lynda.com) for resident cardholders with a valid library card and password. LinkedIn Learning offers over 16,000 skill-building video tutorials in seven languages across business, creative, and technical categories.
Learning and growth in your career (and in life!) is a journey and life-long process. The North Liberty Library is committed to the professional and personal development of our patrons and is now proud to offer LinkedIn Learning for free to all card holders!
Why use LinkedIn Learning?
LinkedIn Learning lets you learn at your own pace. You can select courses relevant to your current career or the career that you want to pursue. You can also pursue other passions! With courses on financial literacy, social media, even drawing and music theory, you’ll be able to grow and develop in the areas you care about both at and outside of work. Popular topics include:
- Leadership and management
- Time management and productivity skills
- Public speaking
- Small business and entrepreneurship guidance
- Productivity software such as Microsoft Office, Google Docs, or QuickBooks
- Graphic design software like Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Canva
- Photography and videography overviews and tips
- Software programming and security such as Java, Python, C++
- Web development with PHP, MySQL, HTML, and CSS
To get started in a web browser:
- Click on the LinkedIn Learning link found on our Resources page
- Log in with your NLL card number and pin (password)
- Choose some learning topics to allow LinkedIn Learning to suggest some courses or videos
- Use the search bar to search for specifc skills, subjects, or software tutorials OR browse suggested topics
- Click on a video to start watching, if you need to pause your course, your progress is saved under the “My Learning” section in the header.
To get started from LinkedIn Learning app:
- Download the LinkedIn Learning app from the Apple or Google app stores
- Click “Sign in with your library card”
- In the Library ID field type “northlibertylibrary”
- Log in with your NLL card number and password
- You can alter your preferred learning language in the browser by clicking the globe icon in the upper right corner in the header. In the app you can alter this under “Notifications” and the gear icon for Settings > Content Language. Closed captioning, as well as a searchable transcript are available for the videos.
- Your progress and past lessons are tied to your library card number rather than an account with LinkedIn, so if you lose your card be sure to check with Library staff to get your patron number.
Help is available!
If you run into issues with logging in, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the library at (319)626-5701. For technical issues once you’re up and running, you’ll have the option to click for help throughout the system, with access to LinkedIn Learning’s FAQs, as well as the ability to connect via email, live chat or phone