YLAH T(w)een Popsicle Stick Catapult Kit!
In your kit:
- Popsicle sticks
- Rubber bands
- Plastic spoon
- Launching materials
You will need (all optional):
- Bottle cap
- Glue (hot glue gun works well)
- Any launching items you can find
1. Follow the instructions below to make an easy catapult.
2. Watch this video to make a more challenging catapult (shorturl.at/xEO06)
3. Get creative and make your own design.
1. Stack 7 popsicle sticks. Tightly wrap each end of the stack with rubber bands.
2. Slide a popsicle stick between the 1st and 2nd stick in the bundle
3. Lay the last popsicle stick perpendicular and on top of the bundle and line them up.
4. Use the last rubber band to tie them together on one end. Try to tie the band as close as you can to the edge of the two-stick bundle.
5. Optional: You can use an additional rubber band around the center of the 2 stacks to stabilize your catapult.
6. Slide a spoon into the rubber band on the two-stack or glue a bottle cap on the top.
The 13-story Treehouse Series by Andy Griffiths (Juvenile Griffiths)
Play these games: 101 delightful diversions using everyday items by Heather Swain (J/Sports General Swain)
Mechanica and Venturess by Betsy Cornwell (Teen Fantasy Cornwell)
Attack on Titan series by Hajime Isayama (Teen Graphic Novel Isayama)
***We would love to see your completed projects. Share photos with us by using #nlibertylibrary on Instagram or by email at email@example.com.