Bonus YLAH Kit: Letter Writing
Letters keep you in touch with faraway friends and family and are more special than sending an email or text message.
Included in your kit:
- Letter writing prompts and ideas
- Letter stamps and postcard stamps
- Postcard size cardstock
- Paper for writing on
Additional supplies needed:
- Pencil or pen
- Markers/crayons for decorating (optional)
- Someone to write to!
1. Choose someone to send a letter or postcard to.
2. Write your letter or postcard.
3. Address, add stamp, and place in the mail.
1. Share about something you did this week
2. Share about a current read
3. Draw a picture
4. Tell a joke
5. Talk about something you want to do the next time we get together…
6. Ask a question… Would you rather eat a cheeseburger or pizza? How are you?
- Can I Be Your Dog? by Troy Cummings (Primary Cummings)
A heart-tugging dog adoption story told through letters–deeply sincere and almost desperate pleas for a forever home–from the dog, himself!
- Click, Clack, Moo: Cows that Type by Doreen Cronin (Primary Cronin)
Farmer Brown has a problem. His cows like to type. All day long he hears. Click, clack, MOO. Click, clack, MOO. Clickety, clack, MOO.
But Farmer Brown’s problems REALLY begin when his cows start leaving him notes….Doreen Cronin’s understated text and Betsy Lewin’s expressive illustrations make the most of this hilarious situation.
- Get a Grip, Vivy Cohen! by Sarah Kapit (Juvenile Kapit)
In this perfectly pitched novel-in-letters, autistic eleven-year-old Vivy Cohen won’t let anything stop her from playing baseball–not when she has a major-league star as her pen pal.
- P.S. I Miss You by Jen Petro-Roy (Juvenile Petro-Roy)
A heartbreaking―yet ultimately uplifting―epistolary novel about family, religion, and having the courage to be yourself.
- From Twinkle, With Love by Sandhya Menon (Teen Menon)
Told through the letters Twinkle writes to her favorite female filmmakers, From Twinkle, with Love navigates big truths about friendship, family, and the unexpected places love can find you.
- Camp Spirit by Axelle Lenoir (Teen Graphic Novel Lenoir)
Summer camp is supposed to be about finding nirvana in a rock garden… But Elodie prefers Nirvana and Soundgarden. Can she confront rambunctious kids, confusing feelings, and supernatural horrors all at once?